SUMMERSLAM 2013
After Monday's Raw we have underlying questions when it comes to Summerslam. The announcement that Triple H will be the special referee for the John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan WWE Title match brings with it a set of questions. What are they building up for? Why put the Triple H, Mcmahon feud front and center on the biggest party of the summer? These are just a couple of questions that announcement poses. Also, after the MizTV segment we are left with a different take on the match than we had previous to this week. John Cena was meaner in that segment than I can recall him being. I still think a John Cena heel turn would throw the WWE Universe for a loop and could be just the kind of thing to surprise us. One thing is for certain about this match, after adding Triple H to the mix and knowing the dislike Mcmahon has for both Cena and Bryan...Summerslam should be interesting. I like how they keep throwing Randy Orton out there as if it is just set that he will cash in at Summerslam. It is just one more thing to think about for that match. The other big match at Summerslam is going to be Cm Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. After punk outsmarting both Paul Heyman and Lesnar on Raw what will their reaction be at Summerslam. I honestly cannot see Lesnar winning this match. Honestly, Lesnar is only in the company about half way; he isn't at every show and the amazing backing of Punk by the crowd could be a way to ride Punk back to the Title picture. I am looking forward to this match from the Summerslam card. Punk is great in the ring and with the shear size and power difference that Lesnar brings to the table it should make for a great match. I look for this match to steal the show at Summerslam. I have to be honest at this point...there are really no other matches that strike me as potentially great going into Summerslam. I am sure that I will be surprised and some great matches will emerge but going in it is really these two that make me want to buy the pay-per-view. Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Heavyweight Title I feel is simply getting overshadowed. Both superstars are good in ring performers but I believe the WWE has not marketed the match enough to make me want to see it. Other matches on the card, Cody Rhodes vs. Damen Sandow, RVD vs. Dean Ambrose for the US Title in the kickoff match, Kane vs. Brae Wyatt in the Ring of Fire match, and there are a couple other matches on the card as well. RVD and Ambrose have the talent to make for a great match but they are on the kickoff show so don't know who all will get to see it. The Kane and Wyatt match is just intriguing especially with the Ring of Fire (Inferno Match) stipulation. Summerslam is bound to make for some changes in the WWE, we as an audience will just have to sit back and wait to find out what the changes will have in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment