Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a professional wrestling blog. I will be giving my opinions on the current state of professional wrestling; as well as critiquing wrestling events. Enjoy.

Friday, August 23, 2013

IMPACT 8/22/2013

You will note that in the heading I said Impact and not Hardcore Justice.  Before reviewing the action from the show, let me go ahead and say this.  I am all for TNA putting on a special kind of impact and they can call it whatever they want.  However, first you have to do something to the show to make me the audience feel as though something is different...TNA is not doing this.  Also, an event is just that it is one event.  Do not try to extend it to two weeks worth of programming.  Now that I have that out of the way...last night's impact was filled with some good stuff.  The highlight is of course the five on five match where the loser of the fall leaves TNA.  The match was between MEM and Aces & Eights.  MEM looked like they were going to be going into the match a man down; then when out of nowhere here comes AJ Styles.  The match itself was pretty good  and in the end saw Styles pin Devon.  This means that Devon must leave TNA if all holds true.  Now I am not sure if this means that Styles is going to join MEM or if he was just out there to help.  I would like to briefly say a way that I thought would have been better for this to go down.  I wish they would have started the match and at some point chaos ensued and then a midst the chaos all of the sudden Styles music hits.  Styles comes to ring and comes face to face with Devon.  Everyone else is fighting on the outside and then Styles hits Devon with the Styles Clash and gets the pin.  MEM gets in the ring and looks at Styles, who just simply turns around and walks back up the ramp...then the show ends.  This would have been to me a better ending than the one we got, but we have to settle for what we have.  The ending we got provided us with questions:  Is the old AJ Styles back or was this a one time thing?  Is Styles part of MEM or not?  How will Aces & Eights respond to losing Devon?  I am sure we will get some answers next week.  Until then we will just have to speculate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment